Friday, February 24, 2006

No rest for my truck


I planned on finishing the fence/gate today but Frank, the tree trimmer, showed up unexpectantly. I let him cut some huge limbs off the avocado tree at the Hudson property because they have been dropping avocados on the driveway. After the tenants drive over them they leave a big mess. I told them not to complain, it's free guacamole, they weren't impressed. We loaded the branches on my truck so I could haul them to the dump myself. I did have a little time to deal with the gate. I screwed the cedar boards to the frame only to find out after it was done that I couldn't open the gate. I forgot to allow for the height difference in the walkway so I had to pull off all the boards and start over. I'm going to try to finish next week if it doesn't rain.

No comments: